Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Best of 2010

This year has been amazing as far as books go. Therefore I decided to share my favorite books/series/authors of the year with you guys! These books weren't necessarily released in 2010, I just read them this year.

Meridian by Amber Kizer

This book was just so original and filled with overall awesomeness!




Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

This book was simply amazing. If you haven't read it yet I suggest you get on it! I have the second one but haven't read it yet, which is quite a shame.


The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa

These books are perhaps my favorite of the year. They are all extremely well written and take place in the most wonderful world.





Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder

I always wondered what happened to the food tasters. This book not only answered my questions but had a perfect balance of adventure, magic, and romance.

Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken

AAHHH!!! I don't know why I love this book so much but it is just WONDERFULLY AMAZING!








I realize most of (all of) the above books are some kind of paranormal/magical book. So now we have my favorite contemporary books of the year.

Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler

This was the first (and so far the only) Sarah Ockler book I read and it was very very good. It reminded me of Sarah Dessen but more emotional and just a bit...more in the overall feel of the book.

 I Am The Messenger by Markus Zusak

This book was sincere, funny, and gripping. It had a good message that was delivered in an amazing (and memorable) way.

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

This book was the cutest. Why is this one of the best of 2010 you ask? Paris. St. Clair. That's why.


The DUFF by Kody Keplinger

This was a wonderful contemporary fiction novel that did not sugarcoat anything. And for that, it's one of my favorites. 

Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
I'm not sure if this is considered contemporary or not seeing as how part of it is historical. But! This book is truly great because of the characters and the writing is beautiful.




1 comment:

Liz said...

Great list! I have Anna & the French coming in the mail (hopefully today?), & have many of the others on my tbr.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...