Thursday, October 6, 2011

Cover War: A Beautiful Dark


Cover War is something I decided to start doing after seeing different covers for the same book. I realized that I liked some covers better than others. For example one book might have a different cover for its US and UK copies. I thought making this "Cover War" feature would be a fun way of showing the different covers and why I like one more than the other.

I probably won't have a Cover War for each book that has a different cover. This will most likely only be a sporadic post for "special" covers or books.

Today's Cover War is between the Hardcover and Kindle/ebook Edition of A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies. There's not much difference between the two. In fact the only real difference is the background cover, but I thought that was enough to warrant a Cover War. The Hardcover is to the left and the Kindle Edition is to the right.



Now like I said there's no real difference between the two besides the background color and the color of the type. However I still prefer one over the other. And with that being said, the winner of this Cover War is the Hardcover! I like that it has a dark background because it has more contrast with the white dress on the girl. And also i think it shows that there's a bit of a darker side to the book.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...