Monday, October 17, 2011

Cover War: Virtuosity


Cover War is something I decided to start doing after seeing different covers for the same book. I realized that I liked some covers better than others. For example one book might have a different cover for its US and UK copies. I thought making this "Cover War" feature would be a fun way of showing the different covers and why I like one more than the other.

I probably won't have a Cover War for each book that has a different cover. This will most likely only be a sporadic post for "special" covers or books.


Today's Cover War is between the Hardcover and the Paperback version of Virtuosity by Jessica Martinez. The Hardcover is to the left and the Paperback is to the right.



It seems obvious to me, but the winner of this Cover War is the Hardcover. I like that it has brighter colors and more contrast in it. I also like that the title isn't in a fancy loopy font like the paperback. Plus, the model on the paperback looks to posed and her expression just seems...strange.

1 comment:

Amber (Books of Amber) said...

I definitely prefer the hardcover edition. I love the bright pink, and I love the model's crazy hair. the model on the paperback looks like she has toothache, haha.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...