Saturday, December 31, 2011

Best of 2011: Contemporary

Yesterday I posted about my favorite non-contemporary books of 2011. Today is the day for the contemporaries I read in 2011 to shine! As always, you can see my (overall) top ten favorite books of 2011 here.

Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta - Melina Marchetta is, and always will be, a writing genius.

Hold Still by Nina LaCour - Amazing writing which led to amazingly real emotion in its characters.

Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers - I actually discovered Courtney Summers for the first time this year. I soon realized that she didn't sugar coat her stories, and that made them all the more real.

Where She Went by Gayle Forman - Only the sequel I never thought would come!
We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han - I loved this series, and this was the perfect ending to it!

Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler - This is one of the two books that almost had me in tears this year. The emotion that is in this book is absolutely heartbreaking, but at the same time absolutely amazing.

Split by Swati Avasthi - This was quite compelling even though it was a bit outside my usual comfort zone.

Then I Met My Sister by Christine Hurley Deriso - Who wouldn't love to read about a girl who learns she has a secret sister?

The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder - There's no accurate way to describe this book. Amazing, wonderful, spectacular, heartwarming, heartbreaking; these are the best words I could find to describe it. Definitely my favorite book of 2011.

Saving June by Hannah Harrington - You guys know I'm a sucker for road trips!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...