Friday, December 30, 2011

Best of 2011: Non-Contemporary

I read a lot of great books this year. I got really into contemporary fiction, so my non-contemporary reading (paranormal/fantasy/dystopian/etc.) was not as high as usual. You can check out my top ten books of 2011 here, but now for my favorite non-contemporaries!

XVI by Julia Karr - This was such a new look at dystopian! It was cool to see that yes the dystopian world was somewhat the same as far as government, but someone was fighting to be different.

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand - Aaaahhh! So much hype with such a good turn out! Yes it's angels, but who doesn't love angels?!

A Long, Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan - This was a completely new thing for me. Gotta love originality!

Clarity by Kim Harrington - Great characters and a great paranormal mystery!

Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini - Starcrossed lovers are only my favorite part of books.

Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken - Okay so technically I just re-read this one, but still, it's amazing.

Blood Red Road by Moira Young - You didn't read this book? You didn't experience the absolutely amazing characters, plot, and writing? You should probably get on that.

Divergent by Veronica Roth - Constant action and adventure!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...