Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

Title: Catching Jordan
Author: Miranda Kenneally

Published: December 1, 2011 by Sourcebooks Fire
Pages: 288/Paperback
Challenge: 2011 Debut Author Challenge

Source: NetGalley


Summary: What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though - she leads them as the captain and quarterback on her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there's a new guy in town who threatens her starring position on the team... and has her suddenly wishing to be seen as more than just a teammate.


Review: Catching Jordan was one of those books that I was really excited about, and after reading it I wasn't totally blown away or in love with it, but it made for a good read.I was surprised by the romantic aspect of this book. I knew by the summary that there was going to be some kind of romantic plot with the new football player on the team, but I wasn't expecting this to turn into a love triangle. However, once it did I realized that I really didn't like Ty. So I wasn't all that upset when Jordan made her choice.

Jordan was a constant source of annoyance for me until the end of the book. She was a strong character and went after what she wanted, except when it came to her boyfriend. She knew she didn't want to be with Ty but she stayed with him anyway. Some of her choices and decisions just didn't click with me. But she was still a good character, and even though she annoyed me she was a good fit for the story. 

And speaking of the story, I'm a sucker for any book involving a girl playing football. I don't know why but I seem to always love them. I loved reading about Jordan's interactions with her teammates and other girls off the field.

There were parts of Catching Jordan that didn't sit that well with me. I either didn't like what was going on or what the characters were doing, but it was still an enjoyable book that I think everyone should give a chance.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...