Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Coming Up in June 2011

This post was inspired by Tara's "Excited For..." posts over at Hobbitsies. I decided to do something a little like Tara does and show off some of the books that are coming out this month that I hope get the chance to read and review. Obviously not all YA books coming out in June are going to be here, but the ones I can't wait to read will be.



June 01: Summer's Crossing by Julie Kagawa (Harlequin Teen)
This series is AMAZING! As is Julie Kagawa. I love the Iron Fey series and can't wait to see what happens after The Iron Queen. So this sounds like a great novella for me!

June 01: Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggiari (Scholastic) 
This sounds like a really cool dystopian novel with adventure galore!


June 01: Forgotten by Cat Patrick (Hardie Grant Books)
I have a strange liking for books that involve memory loss.

June07: Possession by Elana Johnson (Simon & Schuster)
I didn't realize that this was a dystopian type book, but it sounds really interesting, and it's a debut!


June 07: Ten Things We Did by Sarah Mlynowski (HarperTeen)
I sense a fun summer read!

June 07: Don't Stop Now by Julie Halpern (Feiwel & Friends) 
ROAD TRIP!


June 07: Hereafter by Tara Hudson (HarperCollins)
It's another debut! I'm a little burnt out on paranormal books, but this one looks like it has a new spin on it.

June 07: Queen of the Dead by Stacey Kade (Hyperion)

I loved The Ghost and the Goth. It was so funny yet had a strong plot to it, so I can't wait to see what happens next in the series.


June 09: Displacement by Thalia Chaltas (Viking Childrens Books) 
This sounds like it could be a very emotional contemporary novel which is just what I'm looking for. 

June 09: Displacement by Jennifer Jabaley (Razorbill)
I really liked Jennifer's first book, Lipstick Apology, and this one sounds fun and cute.


June 09: Brother/Sister by Sean Olin (Razorbill) 
This sounds very intense, but also very intriguing. 

June 14: Hourglass by Myra McEntire (Egmont USA)
Yet another debut. This one sounds spectacular and it has an awesome cover!


June 14: The Glass Demon by Helen Grant (Random House) 
Paranormal-ish mystery set in Germany? Sounds like plenty to keep me interested.

June 14: Passion by Lauren Kate (Delacorte Books for Young Readers)
I haven't read the second in the series yet, but I enjoyed the first one and all the covers are just gorgeous.



June 14: The Revenant by Sonia Gensler (Knopf Books for Young Readers) 
After reading Die For Me by Amy Plum I've been intrigued about these "revenants" so I can't wait to read some more about them.

June 14: Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma (Dutton Juvenile)
Ooooooh!Yay contemporary fiction! This sounds mysterious and filled with intrigue.


June 21: A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young (Balzer & Bray)
I've only ever heard good things about Suzanne Young and since I've never read anything by her this seemed like a good place to start.

June 21: Dead Rules by Randy Russell (HarperTeen) 
This sounds like a really funny book. The fact that the main characters dies in a bowling accident is enough to interest me.


June 21: Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey (Walker Books for Young Readers)
Ghosts! I've heard great things about Alyxandra Harvey and add in that this is a ghost story and I want it!

June 28: Sharks & Boys by Kristen Tracy (Hyperion)
This sounds fun and different and seems like it'll be really cute!


June 30: Songbird by Angela Fristoe (Little Prince Publishing)
This definitely doesn't sound like a happy book, but it still seems interesting and emotional.





1 comment:

Selina said...

Nice overview! My favorites of this list are Ashes, Ashes and Posession. Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...