Thursday, June 16, 2011

Cover War: Forgotten



Cover War is something I decided to start doing after seeing different covers for the same book. I realized that I liked some covers better than others. For example one book might have a different cover for its US and UK copies. I thought making this "Cover War" feature would be a fun way of showing the different covers and why I like one more than the other.

I probably won't have a Cover War for each book that has a different cover. This will most likely only be a sporadic post for "special" covers or books.



Today's Cover War is between the Australian cover and the UK cover of Forgotten by Cat Patrick. The Australian cover is to the left and the UK cover is to the right.



I don't think either of these covers captures the story except in little ways, but you probably won't get them unless you've read the book. I don't understand why the girl in the Australian cover is sleeping in a field, but I think the swirly colors and her sleeping show the memory loss aspect of the book. In the UK cover I think the faded girl to the left represents London's past that she can't remember, and the more colorful right girl represents the future that she sees.

I started out really liking the Australian cover, but after seeing both side-by-side I think the winner of this Cover War is the UK cover. I like that a lot of the cover is faded except for the spot of color on the girl to the right. Both are eye catching, but the UK cover is much more appealing in my eyes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...