Thursday, November 11, 2010

Review: The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

(summary from goodreads)


Meghan Chase has never fit in at her small-town high school, and now, on the eve of her 16th birthday, she discovers why. When her half brother is kidnapped, Meghan is drawn into a fantastical world she never imagined--the world of Faery, where anything you see may try to eat you, and Meghan is the daughter of the summer faery king. Now she will journey into the depths of Faery to face an unknown enemy . . . and beg the help of a winter prince who might as soon kill her as let her touch his icy heart. The Iron King is the first book in the Iron Fey series.


Review: I now have a new favorite series! Words truly can not explain how much I love this book. Everything about it was amazing.


The plot grabbed me from the start. I didn't have to get halfway through the book before something finally happened. There was immediate intrigue.


And the characters how I love them. Meghan was such a strong-willed protagonist and I can definitely understand her protective nature when it comes to her brother. And just so no one's confused, I am 100% team Ash. He's just...wonderful. Puck's great too, but he's more the older brother type (in my opinion). 


Then there's the world itself. Julie has created a fantastic, magical, amazing place. Everything about the world is fascinating, from the people who inhabit it to its faery politics. 


Overall, this book is awesome, and if you haven't read it you need to. NOW!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...