Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Review: The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

(summary from goodreads)


My name is Meaghan Chase. 

I thought it was over.That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stay by my side. Drag me into the core of a conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it. 

This time, there will be no turning back.


Review: I may not have cried in this book, but I was definitely close to tears in the end. In The Iron Queen Kagawa manages to pick up right where the last book left off and create yet another amazing book. This book, however, seemed both faster and slower to me.


A lot happened in the book, and a lot of questions were answered, but it managed to have what seemed like a slow pace. This allowed the reader to understand the revelations that were being made. But somehow the book seemed faster in the sense of the coming war. There was a lot more fighting in this book than in the others and it gave the book a lot of good action-y scenes. 


These characters are amazing. I love each and every one of them and, I may be a bit biased, but, I can't find a flaw in them. 


Spoiler alert. Highlight to read. Although the ending was unexpected I actually liked it. It seemed very realistic. It showed that there's not always a happy ending.


Overall, this book was simply amazing. I don't know how, but Kagawa has once again managed to create a world and characters that you can't help but fall in love with. I am now eagerly awaiting The Iron Knight, the fourth in the series, and suggest that if you haven't read the first two books in the Iron Fey series, you should do so now.


Note: received this e-ARC from Harlequin through NetGalley.    

2 comments:

Marathon said...

I have been DYING to read this one. I also have the e-ARC through the same source, but, I'm saving it for the Story Siren's 2011 Challenge.

Great review, though! Now, I'm WAY, WAY more excited to read it!

Vee said...

Awesome review! This is another series I feel ashamed of not having read -- but your review makes it sound absolutely fantastic. Really want to give these a try, now :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...