Thursday, March 3, 2011

Proof of my OCD

The other day I was thinking about how I really like all of my books to look pretty on my shelves which led me to realize that I'm actually quite OCD about my books. There are several things that I get easily annoyed at when it comes to the appearance of books and since I have no reviews to post I though talking about this would be interesting. So I have made a list of the things that irk me the most about books. 
  1. When the inside color of a hardcover doesn't go with the outside. You know how they usually have good color coordination with the inside and outside of a cover? This has only happened to me a few times, but I get very irked when the two colors aren't good together. They don't have to match, they just have to go.
  2. When the very top or very bottom of the spine folds. This usually occurs when I take books on and of my shelves. But the very top of the spine that taller than the rest of the book will curve ever so slightly and then eventually fold.
  3. When the spine of my paperbacks break. I try to read them so that the spines don't do this, but it's quite impossible to do with some books.
  4. When covers in a series change. This mainly happens with sequels. I hate it when I have an original copy of a book and then the sequel's cover is a companion to the paperback reprint or the original or just completely different. Below I have some lovely examples for you.


And now you have had the pleasure of seeing into my mind and now know what about books annoys me. Hopefully you do not come away from this thinking I'm a nut.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...