Tuesday, April 26, 2011

We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han

Title: We'll Always Have Summer
Author: Jenny Han
Published: April 26, 2011
Pages: 288/Hardcover
Series: Summer #3
Source: My Personal Library



Summary: It's been two years since Conrad told Belly to go with Jeremiah. She and Jeremiah have been inseparable ever since, even attending the same college-- only, their relationship hasn't exactly been the happily ever after Belly had hoped it would be. And when Jeremiah makes the worst mistake a boy can make, Belly is forced to question what she thought was true love. Does she really have a future with Jeremiah? Has she ever gotten over Conrad? It's time for Belly to decide, once and for all, who has her heart forever.


***This review may contain spoilers for the first two books in the Summer series***

Review: FINALLY! This is the book I have been waiting to read for this entire series. These are the characters that I've been waiting all this time to see.


If you've read my reviews of the first two books in the Summer series then you know I had a problem with Conrad and Belly, but they finally were the characters I wanted to see in this book. I guess it's because they're older and more mature, but Belly didn't bother me at all in this book, which is a big improvement seeing as how I couldn't stand her before. She was much more responsible in this book.


I loved loved loved that Conrad got some chapters to narrate in this book as well. I finally let me see inside that guys head and see why he was such a jerk to Belly in the first two books. Again, my other reviews show that he's a jerk who I didn't like because he was a jerk to Belly, but Conrad won my heart in this book. I got to see all of his reasons for what he did and finally saw that he wasn't the wonderful guy (emotion wise) that I thought he was.


I did notice that I had a problem with Jeremiah, who I previously didn't have a problem with. He just came off as a big jerk most of the time. 


Now in my review of It's Not Summer Without You I said that I couldn't see Belly being with Jeremiah because he seemed more like a friend/sibling or with Conrad because he was a jerk who supposedly didn't love her, but I loved the ending of We'll Always Have Summer and think that she definitely ended up with who she was supposed to. 


One thing I noticed was that this book didn't seem as beach-y or summer fun-ish like the others, but that's probably because of the wedding and newfound maturity of our characters. 


Overall I definitely think We'll Always Have Summer was the best in the Summer series. It wrapped everything up nicely and had a happy ending for everyone. 


More Books by Jenny Han
Shug
The Summer I Turned Pretty
It's Not Summer Without You 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...