Sunday, October 24, 2010

In My Mailbox (7)

In My Mailbox was started by The Story Siren and inspired by Pop Culture Junkie. This week's summary comes from goodreads.


Bought: 
Jane by April Lindner
Forced to drop out of an esteemed East Coast college after the sudden death of her parents, Jane Moore takes a nanny job at Thornfield Park, the estate of Nico Rathburn, an iconic rock star on the brink of a huge comeback. Practical and independent, Jane reluctantly becomes entranced by her magnetic and brooding employer, and finds herself in the midst of a forbidden romance. But there's a mystery at Thornfield, and Jane's much-envied relationship with Nico is tested by a torturous secret from his past.

Part irresistible romance and part darkly engrossing mystery, this contemporary retelling of the beloved classic Jane Eyre promises to enchant a new generation of readers.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Jane Eyre is one of my favorites, so I've been tempted to buy this one, but am afraid it might "ruin" my JE for me.

Anonymous said...

I received Jane a week or two ago and it's very high on my tbr pile. Looking forward to reading your review.

brenda

Alison Can Read said...

This one sounds interesting! I just read your review for Jellicoe Road. Like you, it's one of my favorite books ever. I'm a new follower. Looks like we read a lot of the same books.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...