Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott

Title: Between Here and Forever
Author: Elizabeth Scott
Published: May 24, 2011 by Simon Pulse
Pages: 256/Hardcover
Challenge: The Contemps
Source: Simon & Schuster Galley Grab



Summary:  Abby accepted that she can’t measure up to her beautiful, magnetic sister Tess a long time ago, and knows exactly what she is: Second best. Invisible. 

Until the accident. 

Now Tess is in a coma, and Abby’s life is on hold. It may have been hard living with Tess, but it's nothing compared to living without her. 

She's got a plan to bring Tess back though, involving the gorgeous and mysterious Eli, but then Abby learns something about Tess, something that was always there, but that she’d never seen. 

Abby is about to find out that truth isn't always what you think it is, and that life holds more than she ever thought it could...


Review: I'm a huge fan of Elizabeth Scott so I was looking forward to something new from her. Unfortunately Between Here and Forever just didn't sit with me the way Scott's other works did. 

I felt a kind of disconnect with the characters. I didn't feel like I could put myself in their shoes or picture myself dealing with the situations they went through. The characters themselves seemed well-rounded, I just couldn't connect with them. 

I liked that Tess didn't come out of her coma during the book. It made me realize that the book isn't really about Tess waking up. It's more about Abby coming to know who she is without her sister. She learns throughout the book that her sister wasn't as perfect as everyone thought she was and that she doesn't have to tie herself to her sister.

I thought the plot was predictable though. I figured out what Tess's big secret was and why she hated certain people within the first half of the book.

Although I didn't have a good connection with the characters and the plot seemed predictable, Between Here and Forever showed Abby's growth in her time of confusion and trauma. It was a fast read and will probably appeal to all of the Elizabeth Scott fans already out there.


More Books by Elizabeth Scott
Living Dead Girl
Perfect You
Bloom
Something, Maybe
The Unwritten Rule
Stealing Heaven 
Love You Hate You Miss You 
Grace
As I Wake 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...