Sunday, May 1, 2011

Coming Up in May 2011

This post was inspired by Tara's "Excited For..." posts over at Hobbitsies. I decided to do something a little like Tara does and show off some of the books that are coming out this month that I hope get the chance to read and review. Obviously not all YA books coming out in May are going to be here, but the ones I can't wait to read will be.


May 01: I'm Not Her by Janet Gurtler (Sourcebooks Fire)
Sounds like a very emotional contemporary novel. Plus (if I'm remembering correctly) it's a debut!

May 01: Instructions For a Broken Heart by Kim Culbertson (Sourcebooks Fire)
Yay for books that take place in Europe! Seems like one of those cute and fun books that also has a heart and a good message.


May 03: Moonglass by Jessi Kirby (Simon and Schuster Children's Publishing)
I've been waiting for this for forever! I love beach books (that is, books that take place on the beach) and I love book with pretty covers even more. And it's a debut!

May 03: Divergent by Veronica Roth (Katherine Tegen Books)
This one sounds epic. Truly and wonderfully epic. And another debut!


May 03: The Summer of Firsts and Lasts by Tera Elan McVoy (Simon Pulse) 
Sounds like a fun summer romance. I haven't read Tera's other books, but I hear they're wonderful.

May 03: I'll Be There by Holly Goldberg Sloan (Little, Brown Books for Young Readers)
I've heard great things about this one. I love the fact that it's from a boy's POV. You don't see a lot of that in YA.


May 08: But I Love Him by Amanda Grace (Flux)
I don't read many books like this, but this one fascinates me. The summary says it's a story of "love gone terribly wrong" and that is enough to fascinate me.

May 10: What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen (Penguin Young readers Group)
It's Sarah Dessen people. Sarah. Dessen.


May 10: Flawless by Lara Chapman (Bloomsbury)
A retelling! Who doesn't like a retelling?! And from a debut author!

May 12: Dreamland Social Club by Tara Altebrando (Dutton Juvenile)
The title and cover are enough to make me giggle and interest me, but mermaids and tattooed love? I'm in.


May 24: Blood Magic by Tessa Gratton (Random House Books for Young Readers)
A paranormal-ish debut with a gorgeous cover? WIN!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...