Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cover War: Die For Me

Cover War is something I decided to start doing after seeing different covers for the same book. I realized that I liked some covers better than others. For example one book might have a different cover for its US and UK copies. I thought making this "Cover War" feature would be a fun way of showing the different covers and why I like one more than the other.


I probably won't have a Cover War for each book that has a different cover. This will most likely only be a sporadic post for "special" covers or books.





Today's Cover War is between the original US cover and the new US cover of Die For Me by Amy Plum. The original cover is to the right and the new cover is to the left. 



I think the original cover relates more to the story as far as Kate being in the boat and wearing her blue dress, but the new cover gives more sense of where the story is and is much more eye catching. 

I have to say that the winner of this war is definitely the new US cover. I was never a big fan of the original cover, and the new one is so much more appealing in so many ways. It's not as dark and the colors are beautiful. I love the way the model is standing and the view of Paris. Also, I love that dress, even if it isn't blue (for those of you who have read the book, you know what I mean).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...