Friday, January 14, 2011

Review: Fall For Anything by Courtney Summers

(summary from goodreads)




From the author of Cracked Up to Be and Some Girls Are comes a gripping story about one girl’s search for clues into the mysterious death of her father. 
When Eddie Reeves’s father commits suicide her life is consumed by the nagging question of whyWhy when he was a legendary photographer and a brilliant teacher? Why when he seemed to find inspiration in everything he saw? And, most important, why when he had a daughter who loved him more than anyone else in the world? When she meets Culler Evans, a former student of her father’s and a photographer himself, an instant and dangerous attraction begins. Culler seems to know more about her father than she does and could possibly hold the key to the mystery surrounding his death. But Eddie’s vulnerability has weakened her and Culler Evans is getting too close. Her need for the truth keeps her hanging on...but are some questions better left unanswered?

Review: Before this book I never really thought about what happens to the family of someone who commits suicide. I had heard a lot about Courtney's other books so I decided to give this one a try.


Obviously this book was going to be sad, but I was surprised that the whole thing really made me want to cry...but in a good way. Eddie's grief was very strong and it was one of the things that lets the reader know her. I felt like I didn't know a lot about Milo or Culler but they were both still good characters. Culler seemed kind of sketchy to me, but in the end it was really just that he was suffering from the same grief as Eddie. 


The plot was anything but boring and predictable. The twist was one I definitely did not see coming. Usually I like books to have a clear ending if they're not in a series, but I actually liked the fact that this book was open ended and you didn't get a clear picture at the end. 


My only problem with Fall For Anything was Eddie's acceptance at the end. It seemed a little rushed to me, but overall the book was still amazing and I can't to read Summers' other books. 


Source: My personal library (e-book)

Published: December 21, 2010 by St. Martin's Griffin 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...