Friday, January 7, 2011

Review: Taken by Storm by Angela Morrison

(summary from goodreads)



Leesie Hunt has many rules: No kissing. No sex. No dating outside the Mormon faith.

When Michael Walden—a deep-sea diver who lost his parents in a violent hurricane—arrives in town, Leesie sees someone who needs her. They fall for one another, even though his dreams are tied to the depths of the ocean and hers to salvation above.

Will their intense chemistry be too strong to resist?

Leesie and Michael must make the hardest choice of their lives: whether to follow their beliefs or their hearts.

Review: There were a lot of things that made this book different, but I don't think they made the book as good as it could have been. That is not to say that I didn't enjoy it, because I did.

One of the things that I liked about Taken by Storm was that it had religion in it without being preachy. The religion served as a reason why Leesie waited for marriage. I liked the fact that it had an actual reason instead of the usual "I want him to love me" reason (which is still a good reason, don't get me wrong).

I also liked the fact that the whole book was told through poems, chats, and dive logs. I thought that made it feel much more like a book for teens, and it was easy to read ad understand this way too.

I feel like I understood and knew Michael a lot more than Leesie. Something about Leesie just didn't click with me. I think maybe this is one of the reason I didn't like this book as much as I hoped. The main reason I didn't like it was because of the word "babe". I've noticed that for some reason this word really irks me, and the fact that it was used so much in this book was VERY irksome. I also didn't like how easily and often Leesie and Michael would fight and break up then make up. It seemed like they were in a continuous loop of breaking up then apologizing and being back together.

I have to say that the ending surprised me. I just wasn't expecting it. And even though this book was not all I had hoped it to be, I will definitely read the next in the series to see where things go with Leesie and Michael.

Source: My personal library (e-book)

Published: March 5, 2009

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...