Thursday, January 13, 2011

Review: My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking

(summary and cover from goodreads)


Teenager Alice Bonham's life feels crazy after she meets Jack. With his fondness for pink Chuck Taylors and New Wave, he's unlike anyone she knows. Then she meets his brother, Peter. Even though he can't stand the sight of her, she's drawn to him. Falling for two guys isn't even the worst of her problems. Jack and Peter are vampires, and Alice finds herself caught between love and her own blood


Review: At first I thought (because of the title) I thought this was going to be a really cheesy vampire book, but I must say I was pleasantly surprised and I enjoyed it quite a bit.


It was actually very nice to get back to the standard vampire. The kind that come out at night and don't sparkle in the sun. I loved Jack! He seemed like a really nice funny guy who I'd love to have as a friend. I don't really feel anything for Alice though, but her brother Milo I also loved. It seems like all of Amanda's male characters were great. 


My only real issue with My Blood Approves was the pacing. It took almost half the book to figure out what was going on, and even then you don't know exactly what's happening. The main thing I loved about this book was that you could tell that Jack and Alice really were genuine friends. And I think it's good that their relationship started that way. 


Overall, a very good book if you're looking for a quick romantic read. 


Source: My personal library (e-book)

Published: March 17, 2010

1 comment:

Kelly Peres said...

Thanks for the heads up I have this book for review!! I have read others by Amanda and if you have checked them out one of my favs is Switched!! :) Check it out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...