Thursday, January 6, 2011

Review: Nevermore by Kelly Creagh

(summary from goodreads)


Cheerleader Isobel Lanley is horrified when she is paired with Varen Nethers for an English project, which is due—so unfair—on the day of the rival game. Cold and aloof, sardonic and sharp-tongued, Varen makes it clear he’d rather not have anything to do with her either. But when Isobel discovers strange writing in his journal, she can’t help but give this enigmatic boy with the piercing eyes another look.

Soon, Isobel finds herself making excuses to be with Varen. Steadily pulled away from her friends and her possessive boyfriend, Isobel ventures deeper and deeper into the dream world Varen has created through the pages of his notebook, a realm where the terrifying stories of Edgar Allan Poe come to life.

As her world begins to unravel around her, Isobel discovers that dreams, like words, hold more power than she ever imagined, and that the most frightening realities are those of the mind. Now she must find a way to reach Varen before he is consumed by the shadows of his own nightmares.

His life depends on it.

Review: This book was amazing! It everything a good book needs: strong characters and plot, a good mystery, some humor, and romance. This book reminded me of Beautiful Creatures even though the two are nothing alike. But I think it's safe to say that it you're a fan of one you'll like the other.

The writing in this book was wonderful. It was easy to read and understand, but it had a sophisticated flow to it. The plot and mystery were also wonderful. I still don't understand completely how everything fits together, but I think the sequel will clear some of that up.

In my opinion, you can't have a strong plot without strong characters, and strong characters there were. I felt like I personally knew all the characters of this book. They were marvelously written.

Overall, this book was wonderful. I suggest everyone read it and marvel at its magnificence. I can not wait for the next two in the series!  


Source: My personal library (e-book)

Published: August 31, 2010 

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I keep hearing fantastic reviews about this one, but I've never got round to reading it yet. I really do need to remedy that, haha. Great review!

Small Review said...

Strong characters and a strong plot, what more could I ask for? :) I hope to read this one this year. How much of a cliffhanger does it have?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...